Monday, May 25, 2009

hmmm ... that new (ish ... sorta) CoT's run

... You know the one I'm talking about ... post BC, purple swirling gate, much excitement accompanied it as it's arrival in Azeroth coincided with the opening (thoughtful of you Bliz) from Darlan to CoT finally giving an express route from AnyWhere in game world to ... Gadgetzan, ZF, Un'Goro Crater and Silthius ... provided you have a hearth in Darlan or a nice mage ... oh yeah .... it also gave us access to CoT.

... so ... last Friday dawns and in my new world of 'OMG!!! I have to manage my online time better!!!!!!!!!!', what really dawns is my main playing time. We were going to have fun ... and lots of it with Tsu, half way to 76 and her inseparable mate the shadow priest finally off to the 'new' CoT run (please don't actually expect me to remember the names). Ok, so I know I need to pay more attention to lore ... I thought I was walking into Stormwind in past years only to be told noooo and discover the truth of my destination ... but ... we wiped and wiped and wiped. I felt for the warlock who had taken pity on us, (our intrepid guildie tank and a good mate of a balance druid), to act as our guide (none of us other than her had been there). It took us a while to learn from her that you MUST keep moving and she'd end up too far ahead of us and go splat as I could not heal her without loosing track of the rest of my group. 

bah

I had given in to advice that it is good to read about my class and had spent part of that afternoon reading about spell rotations that .. apparently ... work. Although there were a lot of similarities between what I do (not completely formalised, but basically a rejuv/wildgrowth/and one other ... one of those words i forget ... i'll edit when i remember type set up and so i tried to replicate one that I'd been looking at that formalised the rotation a bit more. ... absolute flop ... I could not keep enough on anyone to avoid having to HT deeply on .. well ... on everyone. ... okay ... so forgetting ToL in the first wipe was dumb but mmm shall we just say, a run I want to try again and want to go read about the run ... like maybe figure out what it is actually even called ...

3 comments:

  1. Is it Culling Of Stratholme?

    yea..that's a b!tch of a run if your group/tank has got no clue of what he is doing or how he is controlling the pace of the encounter.

    Case in point. My wife's guildie, normally a raid hunter, decides that he wants to go to CoS on his DeathKnight tank and enlists the help of my 80 arms warrior missus.

    They lack a healer and so my wife roped me into the fray. AFTER they've wiped 4 times on the first boss when their healer couldn't keep up.

    I tot..what the heck. I raid healed KT..should be a piece of cake.

    WRONG.

    That tank had No Effing Clue what he was doing and I got handed the splat on more than one occasion. We eventually managed to do the run, but only when I specifically told him to watch his aggro control, and..have the missus pull stuff off me.

    The DK tank hasn't quite figured out AoE aggro control yet and is shocking for situational awareness... years of playing a huntard i suppose...

    The last time I was there was also with a DK tank on heroic mode..and a timed run no less! And he got the damn drake! So i didn't think it was THAT hard.


    Note to self. Never do people favours....

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Culling of Strath ... yes ... that is the one ...

    and well ... yes ... when the designated tank does not know the way and instead of guiding by going head down to the left blah blah blah the lock just ups and runs with no by the way we are going ... well ... doomed I say lol. Clothies make bad tanks shall we just say even when they have the shelter of a dirty great big demon and 80 levels of HP to hide behind ... it basically made our 'meat shield' (bah a shocking name for a bloke who's a good bloke!) redundant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much do I know about this ...

    My resto got asked if I could heal CoS the other night ...

    It was probably just as well she got nabbed by a guildie at the same time as her handler (yah ... me) was sitting staring at the computer going ... 'CoS ... now I know that name from somewhere ... ummm .... geee ... which run is that? Ah well, I can always ask ...'

    omg /facepalm

    ReplyDelete