Thursday, July 16, 2009

To Enhance or not to Enhance

A chance chat with my GM the other night lead to a mention of heros of wow ... yesum, you know who I'm talking about ... and lead me to go have a look at how my resto was looking. A quick scan of the data showed that by and large she is by and large unenhanced with items such as spellthread, enchants or armor kits and lead me to think about the extent to which I should do this. 

I am intending redoing her talents when she dings 80 mainly because there are tweaks I want to make to her tree but want to do it a bit like a 'now you are all grown up' type thing. I've thought about having a mate of mine do some swish stuff and enchant her but ... well ... what is the point of doing this when I'll replace her gear when something nice drops? ... but then argh ... I level her so slowly just enjoying the trip with her that, well, to be honest, I don't get to change her gear often and so some enhancements would be good ..... argh can you see my problem? 

2 comments:

  1. Hey.

    from my (limited) experience. The leveling process will give you enough gear to move towards 80 and into heroics with little or no difficulty. Provided, that you can get your 'geared' 80 mates to help you out on you first few runs.

    Epic weapon of note is the War Mace of Unrequinted love that drops from the final boss in Nexus, as well as a caster off hand from the split-mage boss. So, run Heroic nexus until they both drop. Same goes for the Helm of analomus. These are probably the best pre-raid gear that you can get as a resto from this instance an they're all conviniently located in 1 place. That it takes a competent group less than 1 hour to go through is a bonus.

    Also, there are a fair number of Feral gear in here as well. So, yea. Keep your eye out.


    The chest piece you can buy off the AH. It's Yjimir Robes of the Physician or something like that. Ditto the shoulders, there's a blue BoE one that you can grab off the AH that's cheap.


    Most importantly, you need the healer head enchant from Wrymrest Accord, but it's only Honoured I think, so start doing your dailies now.

    Leggings wise, I can't really remember. I think Heroic DtK drops something nice. You don't need to buy the most expensive chants for these gear because they'll be quickly replaced once you start raiding.

    You'd want to get the 2nd most expensive spell thread, the 'blue' ones instead of the epic one.

    Enchants wise, I'd go for the +45 spirit on the WarMace from Nexus. In fact, Im still using that when i need to go resto to tie over a sticky. (not these days, cos I've gone feral feral due to raid requirements).


    Personally, I pretty much itemised for mana regen on my resto set. Mainly because I don't heal much. So it was important to give some regen room for error.


    Hope this helps.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I'm more and more of the opinion that there is no point having a huge mana pool if the regen rate is so useless that it goes oom on you as your mana regen is badly outstripped by your consumption rate. Even with the smaller HoT heals will eat your mana if you are not balancing it with decent regen.

    and yes :) you have given food for thought and it looks like I'll be running Heroic Nexus a fair bit.

    ReplyDelete