Monday, April 22, 2013

Feeling Isolated

I had an odd experience in game this week. One I'd never thought that I'd have. My resto girl spawned a monk. Finally! Yes, I know, they've been available for quite a while, but the point is I made a monk, had a wonderful time dancing my way through the introductory quest line and then picked my faction. I picked Alliance mainly as most of the characters I have on the server are Alliance and it is not actually the significant point.

What was significant was my reaction to arriving in Stormwind. I felt, isolated. A stranger in a new land. It was a combination of the visual difference between where she'd started her journey and the gates of Stormwind combined with the comments of curious children and by-standers. It was an interesting response. I'd not anticipated having.

Blizzard in their own way have managed to create a sense for me of what it is like to be a minority in a new land with no opportunity to go 'home'.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

No comments:

Post a Comment