Sunday, March 15, 2009

Introduction

mmm... so a blog ... amazing the way the white space looms ahead of you tempting you to fill it while terrifying in its certainty that it will record every speck you record ... mmm .... so what to record ...

On the fair thought that few will stumble across my musings I'm planning a place where I can wander through my thoughts and explore another dimension to my game.

I am, as my blog title informs us all ... a resto druid through and through and despite this, the whispers she (my main) gets ingame are generally '... LFM ... tank for .... can you do it?' ... Sigh ... to such an extent that I've come to the conclusion that I must be listed on some secret 'DruidTank Listings' in game that others have found and use and I am still yet clueless about. So ... once and for all ... 'No ... I can't tank ... I'm Resto' ... there ... it is said. She'll probably continue to be resto for a long while after the miracle that is dual spec lands on my desktop (drat, I must learn to not shut down immediately on logging out so that the patch can update ...) as the lure of a specky new mount/flight form at the princely sum attached to it far outweighs, at the moment, the lure of being able to tank as a resto druid accompanied by its associated costs of getting dual spec And having to get the gear to go with it! hmmm a market in offspec gear for a bit ... drat ... I should have gone farming/leatherworking/been drattedly rich and cleaned out the AH only to post again at ridiculous prices ....

I should also clarify the 'through and through' bit also ... my main is a resto druid ... I also have an up and coming lvl mid 40 something druid who I've just respeced off resto/balance hybrid to being a wanna be feral. That reads as ... argh ... I have no idea about being feral. In her second run out it was so hard to overcome the urge to be in elf form it was not funny. The run, however was very, very funny and :) endless gratitude to this big furry level 80 catbear of a feral for tanking/dpsing her through ZF for her pretty blue head piece and those icky scarab beetles. I did have a lot of fun the very first day hitting the training dummies who are, at her level, very good at dodging. Within minutes of respecing she found herself in an ulda run with a generous guildie who had invited her along. I warned the guildie that I'd just changed and had no idea and, well, if he could cope, I could come. 'Sure' he says 'just hit my target and you'll be fine' so off she went (dpsing in her resto/balance gear as I'd not even had a chance to hit the AH for some emergency gear) and mmm well I hope I didn't get in the way too much. I'm so use to watching omen to keep my threat levels down and healbot to watch for who needs a bit of a buzz that it was a new experience to only have to manage threat and let someone else worry about heals. (actually ... not healing and letting the quite competent priest heal was really hard to do lol ... reading the bars are almost instinct automatic these days)

1 comment:

  1. Haha... glad to see you started a blog too :)

    it's actually quite theraputic to do a WoW diary :)

    hope you like the journey :)

    I certainly did :)

    K

    ReplyDelete