Tuesday, March 17, 2009

mmm 71 and a half

:) We dinged 71 and a half on Sunday night.

Okay so I can hear you all groan ... that's not actually something to get all that excited about ... but that half a level has been done the 'hard' way by completing quests. She's not run a level dungeon run at all yet this level. The online time has been somewhat curtailed of late and I just can't promise to be on long enough to actually get the job done and so she's had to grind the level off and as you can imagine ... being resto, her offensive skills are blunted in favour of her heals and so while she can solo anything I take her too unless I'm foolish and go ... 'ooo that red monster looks fair game'... but it is a long, slow process. It is amazing to think that at 20 000 xp per run half a level can still take a long, long while.

She's been doing the runs around the Fizzcranks airstrip ... why? mmm killing evil gnomes in little black leather look-a-lilke suits just appeals to me somewhat ... and I'm finding that the leather gear that is quest rewards predominantly is feral gear ... all stam and agility gear and to get things that will boost her spirit or int. stats or spell damage/heal stats are cloth. Yes, I can hear you all going ... druid in cloth healing ... and what is so bad about that??????? Well ... the problem is that the cloth gear is not an improvement on the leather heal gear she is in at the moment (shabby as it is with 2 kara drops and a couple of other okayish bits). Rather the cloth just maintains her stats while taking the bottom out of the armor level of the gear. ... maybe I just need to trust the tanks more that they will out agro me (not that hard to do lol) and I can collect a cloth heal set. Maybe I need to move into even more snowy areas and target other drops... sigh lol or find the time to go lfg for a dungeon or two.

The Friday before last she and I did end up in a run. We got an invite to heal in a kara run that was a fair way through so after running through empty chambers to find the group and do a bit of work, the round of 'soz got to go ... ' similar to the one that lead to our invite in the first place start up ... so the group goes ... lets go lfm and get enough to go off and bang the gong. ... mmm ... finishing kara would have been better ... we trooped off to the gong and stood there banging and banging that damn thing to absolutely no end with half the group agonising that 'it's not That Hard ... our Guild got in first time' and other similar content. ... A complete waste of time and effort in which I could have been knocking off a couple more quests ... at least I would have picked up Some xp for the night. Such a waste that I have no idea what the inside of that place looks like. lol ... one positive ... well she still has all those potions and things I brewed up before we went :) so now she can pretend to be a regular girl scout next time I roll her out.

1 comment:

  1. :) OK so I thought I'd post an update so ...

    cough

    cough

    :)

    Ding!

    Yup the girlie has dinged 72

    finally

    She and I pushed through the pain so to speak and reached this milestone on Friday night to reach the lofty levels of 72 and a training bill of something like 140g. 140g .. OMG she is now broke (yah well you see there were these cooking recepies she did not have yet ... just ones you 'Have' to have ...) and I might have to go find me some dailies to grind out ... they don't seem to cause me quite as much damage as her actual questing does. The second half of 71 cost her more than her quests earned ... Ok ... so falling off a couple of cliffs did Not help there. I could also go talk to her friendly banker alt but that is the funds for the next round of shape form/mount training costs and is only about one tenth of the way there as it is... the key point here is ... she is now 72 :) and masterette of her own little world.

    anyone up for a loan?

    ReplyDelete